Contibuting to Obsidian¶
Running the compiler in the IntelliJ debugger¶
- Run > Edit Configurations…
- New Application Configuration.
- Set the main class as edu.cmu.cs.obsidian.Main
- Edit the configurations to run the program with the following arguments: PATH_TO_OBS_CODE.obs
- A folder named after the input class will be generated at the root of the directory containing the structure needed for Fabric deployment.
Runtime library generation¶
If changes are made to the Obsidian_Runtime code, a new .jar has to be generated and published since the Fabric chaincode relies on it. To do so, go to the Obsidian_Runtime folder and run gradle publish. Then, push the modified .jar to the Git master branch, and it will be available online at http://obsidian-lang.com/repository.
You can test your changes locally by publishing to a private repository and editing fabric/build.gradle to point there.
Environment Variables: - OBSIDIAN_COMPILER_DIR: The root directory of the compiler repository. Needed to be able to locate some compiler resources.